Sunday, November 3, 2013

I.Love.Running.

      Hello and Welcome to Motivated by Miles! Thanks for bearing with me as I start this blogging adventure...

      I think the obvious first question is, "Why did I start a blog?" Well, as the title says, I Love Running! Now I don't consider myself exceptionally good at it and what I mean by that is that I'm not particularly speedy. But the camaraderie of the sport and the competition (with myself) keeps me logging those miles. Although my intention is for this blog to focus on running, I am fairly certain it will morph into a hodgepodge of topics at some point. And for that I offer no apologies :)

       So I guess you are probably wondering (or maybe not!) how my running journey began. I always wanted to be a runner and tried to become one in college, with no success. In 2008, with my wedding only months away and money tight, I decided it was time for a part-time job in addition to my full-time job. I applied at a local running store, having never run a race in my life, and was miraculously offered a job! That began my introduction into the running world! And what an introduction it was - from free shoes and clothes - I was the best uniformed "runner" to have never run a race! From that point forward, it was 5k races, then 10k races, and eventually half marathons. Today, I have run countless 5k and 10k races, and five half marathons. My sights are set on a full marathon someday. The NYC Marathon this morning may have me delusionally thinking it is a good idea to sign up for one soon...(and yes I sat on my couch this morning and watched all 3.5 hours of marathon coverage!)

      That is all I have for today. I will be back soon with a race recap of my recent 5k PR race.

No comments:

Post a Comment